Saturday 9 April 2011

Lavender hearts - applique and patchwork rosali


I rarely list hearts, as I feel there are so many out there, but it's so amazing how everyone's hearts are so different depending on the fabric and ribbon combinations used. I thought I'd list a few, starting with two today, and see if anyone likes them. I teamed the ever-popular Cath Kidston rosal print, appliqueing a heart onto a blue and white striped cotton for my first choice.


I had great fun doing this - I've made plenty of hearts for my lovely local shop, where they are always popular, and I always enjoy thinking of new ways to do them and raiding my ribbons and buttons for those added extra touches.

I haven't got very much of the ribbon I used on this one left, which is a shame, as it's one of my favourites.


My second heart is a patchwork one, with added embellishment from a gorgeous cotton lace, threaded with ribbon. I had to add a little of the rosali to this one as well.


Patchwork hearts are lovely, as you never quite know how they will turn out.


I hope you like. They are well padded, and include generous amounts of lavender from my local organic lavender farm, providing a lovely smell when squeezed gently. Please contact me if you'd like to buy one.


GB £5 each heart
Post and packing within the UK: £1
Please email me at
thesewhappyshop@yahoo.co.uk
Please contact me for shipping price elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment