Monday 26 April 2010

Gorgeous selection of fabric glasses cases: Treat your specs!


I made my first glasses case a long time ago, after having been guilty of popping my glasses into my bag, because I didn't like the bulky case that came with them. So I made myself a fabric case out of some of my favourite fabrics. It worked well and last year I decided to make some to pop on here. My previous listing (here) of glasses cases proved very popular and I've now made another selection for you. 

  

Each case is slightly different, using fabrics from Laura Ashley, Cath Kidston, and Liberty, but also a rather lovely fabric I sourced in France (the geese!), a fab world traveller fabric, and a very funky and totally adorable cow/farm print I sourced in America. Some are patched from two different fabrics (the rosali check and rosali floral, and the one made from Cath Kidston red rose).
As ever, click on the pictures to see the cases close up.


These are not designed for chunky summer sunglasses, but they will fit average-sized glasses and sunnies, as I've tried to show.


The sides are hand stitched, and they are interlined with a soft wadding. A pretty, contrasting lining complements the outer fabric.


 They all have different buttons - most from my vintage collection. Fronts, picture 1:


Fronts picture 2:


  The backs are in the same fabrics. Backs picture 1:



 Backs picture 2:


  Just let me know which design you prefer when you order. Mention picture 1 or 2 and the particular design you like.


Give your glasses a treat!

GB £5.00 each
Post and packing within the UK: £1.00
Email me at telling me which one you prefer:
thesewhappyshop@yahoo.co.uk
Please contact me for total shipping price elsewhere.

2 comments:

  1. I can recommend these, I bought one for myself a while ago and have had many compliments on it !!
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning, im intreasted in the case in picture 2, second one in, and was wondering if you still have it for sale?... Many thanks, Meadow..xx..

    ReplyDelete